If you’re ever a guest at Couples Tower Isle Resort (you should be!), you’ll notice a small island in the sea. That small island bears the same name as the town the resort is situated: Tower Isle. Between the hours of 8:30am and 5pm, guests from Tower Isle and the nearby San Souci Couples Resorts take quick boat rides to the Tower Isle nude island. If you’d like to check it out with clothes on for whatever reason, you may visit before 9am; after that, no clothes allowed.
If you/your partner are hesitant like mine was, maybe having an idea of what to expect on the small island will help aid your decision.
This Post Includes:
6 Things to Know about Tower Isle Nude Island
2) No Photography Allowed: So you know my posts tend to be laden with imagery but I hope in this case you understand the exception. As you arrive on the isle, one of the first things you’ll see is a sign with large lettering “Photography is Prohibited”. Of course this is in respect to everyone’s privacy and peace of mind while being nude in public. My partner and I wandered to the top of the fort where we knew we’d be alone to snap a phone pic or 2 without violating anyone else.
3) Lounging: When you opt to relax on Tower Isle you may do so in a few ways. Lounge chairs are available, beneath gazebos and uncovered no matter if you want a shaded seat or an old-fashioned tanning bed. There is also a pool and bar so you can take a dip while having a day drink. When we were there, this was the activity hub where a group in their completely natural state shared rousing laughter and chatter like the norm. We were more shy than those guests lol, so we mostly kept to ourselves.
4) Staff on the Island are clothed: There are a few staff members on the island, and this is where I felt awkward at first. I was okay with the idea of strangers I’d probably never see again having view access to my curves, but the staff aren’t naked like everyone else here. As a local, I was uneasy knowing how small Jamaica is and how personable the Couples Resorts staff is (so much so that they even know guests by name). I thought “one of these men are gonna remember my face and can see me outta road somewhere and remember me naked”; lol, I got over it though.
5) There’s a Fort: The highest point of the island is a fort donning the Jamaican flag at its peak. Contrary to what you may think at first, it’s not just for show, you can go inside. There’s not much inside to see, but about 3 flights of stairs will lead you to the top where you can get a panoramic view of the Caribbean Sea.
6) You can take a dip: Though the islet’s location allows a pool and bar in the middle of the sea, remember you may also splash in some saltwater. There are shallow part where you’re able to see the sea floor as you step in the water for a dip. From what we could see, there’s more rocks than sand at the part where you enter the water so be sure to keep that in mind.
I’ve been saying aloud that I’ve wanted to get naked in public for years, but was never 100% sure if I would actually strip down given the chance. I did, and so did my partner who claims “it’ll never happen again”; it really wasn’t as awkward as expected! When everyone else around you is naked, laughing together, and having fun, it’s kinda hard to not acquire a just do it! mindset. For me, it felt freeing and comfortable for the most part, and I would strip down again but that is because I wanted to do it.
Do you think you would strip down in public? If you have, what’s it like for you???
P.S. If anyone knows any other nude venues / resorts in Jamaica, please add them.
Like this article? Pin for future travel plans!
Would definitely do it but nervous asf, suppose me do it and when you check it out, my penis alone a stand stuff Ina crowd a woman🤦🏾♂️🤦🏾♂️🤦🏾♂️😂😂😂
DWL! There’s an icebreaker for you.
Truth be told I’m a nudist at heart. But I don’t know if I’d be nude in public though. I think it might be something I try once in a lifetime but Idk if it’ll be in Jamaica. I mean like you said Jamaica is somewhat small lol and I’d be nervous to just let it all out and then someone recognizes me especially since I have one of those faces that apparently never changes. I went to a conference once and someone recognized me from when I was 8! 8!! So can you imagine now. Eeek.
8?! Dwl! Wow. I’d definitely do it again. Now I want to go to a clothing-optional resort (vs private island) 🙂
Venturing into this type of resort setting takes some serious confidence. I’ve visited Hedonism II before and didn’t quite give-in to being completely nude except while going into the hot tub. This was many years ago and I was thinking the same as you Jhunelle, who will see me that I may run into again in small Jamaica. After a while, it didn’t really matter and enjoyed the place just the same. The Grand Palladium also boasts a nude/adult area only but didn’t check this out on my last visit, although I did enjoy the hotel immensely…do check it out!
Thank you, both have been on my list! My partner straight up said no because he knew why I wanted to go. Maybe now that he’s experienced it he’ll be more open, I’ll try again haha.
My first experience going nude was in Switzerland at a spa >_< Like you I was a ball of nerves, wondering if anyone would be scrutinizing me, lol. My boyfriend was very much used to it though (these Swiss people & their spas) so it was like nothing to just strip bare for him, hahaha! It wasn't so bad after all though, it was very relaxing, so much so I've done it a few times again 😛
Hahaha, another thing to note is when your ethnicity is in the minority within the nude environment. Were you like me thinking “they’re sure to notice/remember me because of my skin colour”? I made no eye contact with anyone there, but yet when I got back to the land of clothing someone who was apparently there said to us, “hey, you guys were at the island earlier huh?” DWL.
I’m not exactly the most confident/ideal person for this but I’d definitely try it with my boyfriend. He’d be the more willing one, boosting me as usual and I’d give in for the sake of trying something new.. even if I end up hating it and never do it again. 🤣 In terms of other places, I feel like the Hedonism resorts would have nude beaches too but I don’t know for sure.
Yeah they do. Your bf sounds like me, while you sound like how my partner reacted haha.
Was thinking the same thing. 🤣