The renovated Oasis Resort, Negril is a lovely spot to get away for a few days. Once you enter the establishment, you’ll be greeted with a smile at the gate and reception area, which houses a host of brochures for nearby attractions to help plan your daily itinerary. Most of the staff leaves by 10pm, so if there’s no one at the reception desk, a friendly security guard will assist. You’ll then be presented with an electronic key and escorted with bags to your room. The colourful combination of tangerine, kiwi, and aquamarine will instantly grab you; every step will boost and brighten your mood.
This Post Includes:
Oasis Resort Negril: Room & Amenities
The garden view room is clean and homely, and has a warm palette with stone finish accents. It feels just like home with an extra touch of class. The amenities include an air-conditioned space with a kitchenette of a mini-fridge and sink, small high table and chairs for 2, cable tv, closet, safe, full bathroom with the choice of hot and cold water, and a patio with wooden seats and table. My accommodation included 2 fluffy double beds. My main critique is the in-room lighting was fairly dim, which was especially displayed during the grey, wet weather. Wi-Fi is accessible (and with good signal) throughout the resort, so thankfully there are no worries about losing internet access in certain areas.
Breakfast-Inclusive Resort in Negril
The formerly food & drink-inclusive resort now provides a continental breakfast and optional meal choices for lunch and dinner at added cost. Breakfast is served from 7am -10am, lunch from 12pm – 4pm, and dinner + dessert from 7pm – 10pm. Meals may be served at different venues on different days, with the main eating area by the poolside being the main venue, and private picnics on their backyard farm available.
The bar is open for your choice of both alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages from 10am – 10pm. Though there are some pretty good cocktails offered, consistency may lack in drink taste between bartenders. Once the chemistry here is fine-tuned, the bar will get a second thumbs up from me 🙂
Oasis Resort On-site Activities
If you’re not enjoying a drink or meal, lounge by the pool in a cabana or recliner. Better yet, take a swim under The Oasis waterfall or warm up in the jacuzzi! This seems to be a favourite of many guests here, especially in the morning after breakfast. For me, this was more enjoyable at night when it’s quieter and the neon lights lit up with singalong-worthy music playing in the background (and recurring drinks served inbetween).
Take a walk through the manicured garden, get physical on the tennis court, and take a tour (and have a picnic) of their growing on-site farm as they aim to become more self-sufficient and organic. If you want a little extra excitement, get off location for a few hours and check out the many nearby attractions.
- Room 75% 75%
- Cleanliness 70% 70%
- Food (Variety + Taste) 65% 65%
- Staff Interactions 80% 80%
The resort is located is on the West End of the casual tourist capital of Negril. A large signage block bearing the logo will indicate the turn off from the main road. The West End is mostly known for cliff views but The Oasis is not on the cliff’s edge.
Things To Do In & Around Negril
The location of the resort allows easy access to nearby excursions. The activity-filled Seven Mile Beach is a mere 3 minutes away when driving, while the world-famous Rick’s Café is just 200m away. Besides those, there are a host of other venues you can enjoy, take it from me! Quick stops 2 – 20mins away by vehicle were made at:
1) Barney’s Flower & Hummingbird Garden (~7 minutes away) to admire fluttering hummingbirds, including the national Doctor Bird. The hummingbirds on the property are free to roam wherever they please, and return to the garden due to the lush variety of trees and plants present. The frequency of their visits vary depending on a number of factors such as season, rainfall, time of day etc. I actually got to feed one, but the little critters zoom by so quickly, I was unable to capture the moment.
2) Blue Hole Mineral Spring (~20 minutes away) involves a choice between a 30ft descent, by either ladder or jumping, into an underground spring. Jumping into the opening and the spry resident divers were the highlights of the venue which also include a volleyball sand pit, trampoline, pool, and on-site restaurant and bar.
3) Wake n Bake Ganja Café (~2 minutes away) has desserts and snacks that include a highly special main ingredient. This care-free venue, which also offers guesthouses, sells other ganja products as well such as infused oils, spliffs, and crafts by local artisans. If you visit, please note of the following scale: cookies & brownies are for light indulging, popcorn is medium-heavy, while milkshakes are heavy.
Whenever I visit Westmoreland, Negril in particular, I always feel like there’s never enough time. Do yourself a favour and opt to unwind for a few days at Oasis Resort Negril.
Have you experienced any of the above venues?
Like this article? Pin for future travel plans!